enc1101

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Journal on "The Fourth of July"

The Fourth of July is a very detailed narration that tell the thoughts and secrets of a girl that felt the harshness of the discrimination towards the black community in first hand. This author used flashback and flashforward, making her present and past life more known to the reader. It also shows that kids do feel and know what is happening around them as Lorde tells. I remember when I was a kid I used to listen to every conversation ever taken place in my house, my parents knew but they thought I was just a kid and that I didn't know much. This is also seen in the narration the fact that the author was very aware of her surrounding , and her parents just ignore the fact that sometimes things should not be taken for granted or just ignored, kids are very curious and major events should be explain to then. I love the fact that this paper has a author perspective that is delivered to the reader and creates a drama full with facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home